Thứ Tư, 2 tháng 3, 2011

Facebook Advertising versus Google Adword

After trying for few days to start my campaign in Adword and with still no impressions in it , I have decided to stop the campaign in Adword. I have run few of my campaigns in Adword and manage to get impression and clicks, so I am not a newbie using Adword.
For the adword campaign, I started my daily budget with RM 1, then I increase to 2 RM and still no impression. After increasing the budget to RM 40 / day with still no impression decided to pull the plug. I assume that other advertisers are spending higher bids for the keywords and this is unaffordable for me.
Then only, I decided to use Facebook advertising. The steps to create the ads are very simple. I am promoting my homestay portal, to increase awareness about Carihomestay.net portal. The ad is shown below.
By using Facebook, you could pay based on click or based on impression. I am using based on impression, the cost for 1000 impression is 0.02 USD. The system suggest higher amount, but by just using 0.02 USD I am still getting the impressions and clicks, I assume Facebook is not yet crowded like Adword, that why I manage to get impressions for my ads.
Facebook informs you how many people you targeting. Once you have created your advertisement you need to Place Order. Facebook needs your credit card info or paypal to complete the order. I use Paypal for the payment method. Facebook will direct the transaction to Paypal, there you need to agree and pay. Once done, Facebook advertising team will review the campaign and once approved the campaign will run. The minimum daily budget is 1.00 USD and they will not charge you for more than your budget. Facebook will charge you once per Facebook billable day. My campaign is already running for 5 days and it cost about 4.25 USD for 23 clicks.
Overall, Facebook advertising is much easier and cheaper than Adword


Facebook Advertising Campaign Status


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét